The Nobles of Global Trade
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS, VENDORS AND SUPPLIERS
Davis Trade & Commodities ("DTC") is an international trading company. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use personal data and to meeting our data protection obligations. Where Davis Trade & Commodities is the data controller of any personal information provided to us by customers, vendors, or suppliers, this statement will explain how we may process and use such information.
2 WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The personal information we collect about our customers, vendors, and suppliers is very limited. We collect only information about their employee representatives (work email addresses and telephone numbers).
3 HOW THIS PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We may collect personal data about you in several separate ways including, but not limited to the following:
· during our contracts with you;
· from business cards; and/or
· through third-party agencies, service providers, and/or publicly available information.
4 HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may use your information for:
· performing the contract we are about to enter or have entered with you;
· maintaining and developing our relationship with you;
· facilitating our internal business operations including accounting, billing, collections, and
· fulfilling our legal and regulatory obligations;
· monitoring and analyzing our business;
· sending you marketing bulletins and other promotional materials; and/or
· invitations for corporate hospitality and other events.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list, and we may use personal data provided to us for related and/or ancillary purposes.
5 SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with other Davis Trade & Commodities affiliated entities on a confidential basis for the performance of our contracts and/or in compliance with our legislative and regulatory requirements;
for auditing and accounting purposes;
Third-party personal information shared with us
Where we receive personal data relating to someone else from a third party (“discloser”), the onus is on the discloser to ensure that they have the relevant authority and/or consent
We will take reasonable steps to provide that the information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure. In addition to personal information being kept electronically, we may also store physical documents on file.
5.2 Transferring data abroad
Your personal information will be shared with our parent entity in the US. To provide that your personal information is treated in a way consistent with and which respects all laws on
data protection, we plan to enter into data transfer contracts as appropriate with our affiliates and third-party providers containing model contract clauses approved by the US government and the European Commission.
Updating your personal data
Should you wish to amend the personal information that we hold for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or www.dtcint.com We will not be
responsible for any losses arising directly or indirectly from any inaccurate and/or incomplete information provided to us by you.
Retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances and in compliance with our legislative and regulatory requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized
use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable
6 YOUR RIGHTS
In accordance with data privacy laws in certain jurisdictions in which we operate, you may
have the right to:
· request access to the personal information which we hold about you;
· request correction of personal information;
· request the transfer of your personal information to another party;
· request the restriction pf process; and
· request the deletion of your personal information if Davis Trade & Commodities or its group entities are no longer under a legal obligation to process such data.
Davis Trade & Commodities can also refuse to delete your data if in its view it requires the information for defense of legal claims against it or its group entities.
If you wish to review, verify, correct or request the erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal
information to another party, please contact Davis Trade & Commodities in writing.
in the way in which we process your personal information.
8 CONTACT INFORMATION