Climate change is a priority for Davis Trade & Commodities, our customers, our stakeholders, and the communities in which we do business. Our global reach, connection with agriculture, global sourcing, and trading expertise puts us in a unique position to support the development of efficient carbon markets.
We adapt to reduce our environmental footprint. Throughout our business, we have learned firsthand that using energy more efficiently, improving our greenhouse gas (GHG) intensity, drawing power from renewable energy sources, and using water efficiently is good for the environment, our communities, and our business.
We address climate change by learning everything we can about it, monitoring and assessing the implications of a carbon-reduced economy, and instituting a variety of actions.
- We began reducing our environmental impact by seeking to use energy and resources more wisely - even before climate change became a central issue.
- We work with customers who want to document or lower their carbon footprints. And we’re evolving and improving our knowledge on measuring greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions throughout our supply chains and daily business practices.
- We share our operational and supply-chain expertise with customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders to increase understanding of climate change and explore our joint options. Our activities include:
- Helping farmers and manufactures around the world implement more environmentally beneficial business practices.
- Providing financing for innovative biomass, hydro, wind, and other carbon reduction projects in countries such as China, Mexico, and Malaysia.
- We partner with organizations and academic institutions to build knowledge on a range of climate issues, including agriculture’s effect on climate change and vice versa.